Error while Creating Search Service Application

While installing my SharePoint 2016 single farm environment for study purposes I faced the error below while creating a Search Service Application. For the study environment  I have chosen to use one account for all products (Windows Server 2016, SQL 2016 and SharePoint 2016). Please note that you never use the same account for all on a productionserver!

After a succesful installation of SharePoint 2016 I tried to create the Search Service Application where I received the error: “Errors were encountered during the configuration of the Search Service Application.”. In the error message my account <domain>\administrator was mentioned. After a short investigation I found out that in SQL my username <machinename>\adminstrator was changed to <domain>\administrator but it still had a displayname <machine>\administrator.

After renaming the displayname to <domain>\administrator, the Search Service Application created without any problems.